Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tuesday Update

Jojo is doing much better and spending more time up in his wheelchair. We can't put our guard down yet, as he still sounds junky in his nose and still tires easily. His lungs would be clear one minute then as soon as his nose starts getting noisy and his voice starts to croak, then his lungs get that wet sound again. His Dad manages him with a lot of postural drainage and chest tapping. Now, Brady has a bad cold. Whether he got it from Jojo or it's a new thing in the house, who knows? It seems like everywhere we go, at work or in the store, someone is coughing, sneezing or sniffing.

And Christmas is almost here and we, rather I, have not slowed down enough to just be still and appreciate the season. It's just so hectic that I fear that Christmas will be over before I get in the spirit of it. Jojo, on the other hand, is just like any other child and cannot wait for Christmas to get here. A couple of people gave him pajamas as presents, and though he responded appropriately with appreciation, to me he said that he would rather have toys.

Merry Christmas everyone! And lots of hugs and special love to families who are missing a loved one this Christmas, and not just the SMA angels.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that Jojo is doing better, and I wish you all well as the Holidays approach, ever so rapidly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear that Jojo is feeling better, praying he is 100% by Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very very happy to hear jojo is feeling better!!!!! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete